For those who want to enjoy the benefits of cannabidiol without the psychotropic effects of THC, CBD isolate products are the ideal choice. They may not be as popular as other full-spectrum and broad-spectrum CBD products but is very versatile in their usage. They are very much useful in medical products, where only pure cannabidiol is required. So, for many first time users who want to indulge in the world of cannabidiol products, CBD isolate would be the way to go. This primer will answer about different aspects of the cannabidiol CBD product, CBD isolate.
What Is CBD Isolate?
CBD isolate is 99% pure cannabidiol and it is usually solid or crystalline powder. This is obtained by first the traditional extraction process that gives an extract containing all the cannabinoids and other compounds of the hemp plant. This is followed by a refining process that removes all the phytocannabinoids including THC from the extract leaving behind only CBD in its purest form. It can be either a fine white powder or large crystals depending on the refinement process. Besides, both the forms have a slight residual cherry flavor.
What Are The Benefits Of CBD Isolate?
As mentioned in the introduction, CBD isolate is popular because of its versatility along with its benefits. Listed below are its benefits.
- Modes Of Consumption: Its biggest advantage is the many modes of consumption, such as it can be added to foods, beverages or can be inhaled with the help of dab or vape pens.
- No THC: This is one of the highlight advantages of CBD isolates compared to other cannabidiol products. It can be used by anyone without the fear of failing a drug screening test.
- Dosage: The dosage is easier to measure because there is nothing to be taken into account other than pure CBD. Other products such as full-spectrum and broad-spectrum products have other cannabinoids in them. This makes it difficult to calculate the exact amount of CBD in them as well as to determine the effects.
What Are The Disadvantages Of CBD Isolate?
The biggest disadvantage of CBD isolate is that it lacks the entourage effect that comes along with full-spectrum and broad-spectrum CBD. This is because the cannabinoids and other compounds work in synergy boosting the individual effect of each compound. As a result of the lack of this effect, the dosage range is very limited for CBD isolate products. However, in situations where high concentrations are required, they are the ideal choice.
How CBD Isolate Is Made?
CBD isolate is made from pure hemp plant extracts that are produced through different extraction methods such as supercritical CO2 extraction, ethanol extraction, etc. Usually, the former method is more commonly used, as it produces a highly pure end product without any contaminants.
After this, the extract undergoes a series of washing and separation that removes the terpenes, flavonoids, fats, lipids and different cannabinoids from the hemp plant. It begins by washing with a mixture of acetic acid and hexane. Then, the next step is winterization where it is mixed with 200 proof alcohol and frozen overnight. It separates fats, lipids, waxes and other undesirable impurities from the extract. Then, the impurities and unwanted compounds are removed using rotary evaporators and falling film units to separate the compounds and solvents.
Next, the extract containing only cannabinoids is further refined using preparative chromatography that separates the cannabinoids by putting it through different chemicals at different speeds. Because different chemicals were added; they must be removed through the distillation process to get the final product that is fit for consumption. Now, as all impurities, unwanted cannabinoids and solvents are removed we get 99% pure CBD.
How To Use CBD Isolate?
The different methods to consume CBD isolate are the following
- Sublingual: To consume sublingually, you apply them directly under your tongue and hold for about one minute. Because it is absorbed through the mucous membrane as well as through the tiny blood vessels, it is absorbed directly into the bloodstream giving immediate effect.
- Custom CBD Oil And Topical: You can also mix CBD isolate with a carrier oil such as olive oil or medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) to make CBD oil. Similarly, you can combine it with skin oils and apply it as a CBD topical to get its benefits.
- Inhalation: Dabbing is one of the popular methods to inhale CBD isolate. Here a CBD concentrate wax is inhaled using a glass pipe, and the method is useful to get effective and immediate relief from chronic pain, nausea, etc.
- Ingestion: Here, a measured quantity of CBD isolate powder or crystals according to your dosage requirement is poured into pills or capsules making it possible to ingest the accurate dose. You can also mix it with foods and beverages to make edibles as well, but the absorption is lower as it gets filtered in the digestive tract.
We hope that the information shared above helped to clarify your doubts about CBD isolates and be useful in selecting the right type of product for you.